Thursday, August 24, 2006

Crazy Changes

Well, it's been awhile since I posted but a LOT of stuff has been going on. First of all I have to say - I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE!!! Yep, that's right! My sister is pregnant and she's due March 24th. It's still early but she's doing good so far, not too sick. I'm so excited to be an aunt and I can't wait to spoil my little neice or nephew !!!

The next thing, which probably most of you know now - I got a new job in Houston!! Everyone knows how miserable I've been with my company for the past few months, and after a long time searching I've found a great job!! It's really a crazy story. The client that I work on at SourceNet found out I was leaving last week. They had a position in HR open and asked me to apply for it. I didn't think I could because of an agreement I thought was in place between the two companies, but I was wrong!! So I applied, interviewed and they offered me the job a few days ago. I'm so excited!! This is an awesome company to go work for and there are going to be so many more opportunities for me with them in the future. And the best thing is that I'm going to be working with people I already know!! And I'll get to still work with my old teammates, in a different way of course! Of course a new job in Houston means changes for Jake and I. We are going to look for a house on the outside of Houston so he doesn't have to drive that far (he's going to stay with Messina Hof). We are both really excited about finally getting to buy our first home and getting settled somewhere.

So that's what's been going on with us!! As you can guess the next few months are going to be a pretty crazy time for us but I'll try to keep the blog as up to date as I can!!

7 comments:

guajardo fam said...

Wahooo! Congrats to Kristin!!! That's so exciting. Being an auntie is super fun, which you'll soon find out (& I know you will be great at!) I'm so happy for you & getting a new job. That is excellent news! I hope everything goes smoothly with the move. I'm sure this will probably push back any visits to Austin anytime soon, but give us a call. We'll be ready for ya'll anytime. Love you guys & congrats to all the crazy (yet really good) changes. :

Emily said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats to Kristin on the new baby...that is sooo exciting. And I am so excited about your new job!! I know you have been looking for a long time and this sounds like such a great opportunity. You'll have to keep us posted on all that's going on. I'm so excited for y'all!!!

The Poth's said...

I am so excited for all of you! That is alot to have going on all at once, but at least it's all good, exciting stuff! I love being an auntie too - be sure to spoil him/her for sure! I am so happy for you in your new job too! What type of HR will you be doing? I think that is the next route I am going to end up going...so you'll have to let me know how you like it! Congrats again!

Michelle said...

Congrats on the New Job and on looking for your first home!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Congratulations, yo! That's great news :)

Karen and Jake Barton said...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! So far I love my new job and we are getting closer to finding a house!! Kristin is still doing great and of course I'm already spoiling the little one!! I'll post more soon!

James & Angela said...

Yeah! Congratulations on all the big news! I am excited to hear that you are going to be in HR too! Keep us posted on how things are going!