So I was checking up on everyone's blogs today and realized that I had not posted since Jake's birthday!! Okay, I am officially wearing the LOSER hat now!! Soooo needless to say I thought it time to post something. Since it's been months since I posted, I'll just do a quick recap :) Let's see....we visited Wes and Debbie at their new house in Ruston.....we have spent a few weekends at my parents' new country home (READ: trailer :)) in Lexington (TX, not Kentucky).....Had some visitors come through and stay at our house here and there....and of course worked like crazy. I guess that's why I haven't posted since we haven't had much excitement to talk about. Most recently we puppy-sat for Jake's brother for about six weeks. Long story shorter...my boss at work found a puppy on the side of the road one day and after keeping her for a week decided they couldn't keep her, but didn't want to take her back to the shelter. I knew Jake's brother was wanting a dog so we called him up and he said of course YES he wanted her. The hitch was that his brother had a puppy earlier this year that had died from Parvo (horrible disease for puppies) and unfortunately he could not take the new puppy until she had her puppy shots for the parvo, etc. So we talked to the vets and they said if the puppy had two rounds of her puppy shots then she could go to Jake's brother's house. So in the end, we kept the puppy...her name is Lady...and after six weeks and two rounds of shots she was able to go home with her new dad this past Tuesday. I think Ranger was a little annoyed with her at first, but the two ended up getting along great and were playing constantly. Poor Ranger has been recovering since she left. Here's the only picture I have of her...she's a real cutie and a definite sweetheart. She is now settling into her new home in Nacogdoches and I think she's going to be quite happy and very spoiled there.
Hopefully I'll have more to report on in the next few weeks, but for now I guess that's it. :0) Oh, and I added a few pics from when the Guajardos visited us just a few short weeks before sweet little Mackenzie was born.
Lady
Lady - taking over Ranger's bed and toy
Lady pouting - probably because Ranger wouldn't play with her
Sweet Isabella
Bella the big sis :)
4 comments:
Yay for the new post!!! Sounds like y'all have been keeping really busy. What a cute dog!
Yes, very cute puppy & cute little girl too!;) Isabella still remembers playing with Ranger. He sure can put up with a lot. Signs of a great dog...but I'm sure ya'll already knew that.:)
I am glad you guys are still out in cyberspace! Lady is adorable. I love dog stories and all the pics! Love y'all!
I want Lady. I would take real good care of her.
Post a Comment