Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Birthday Celebration for Mema!!


I'm a little late posting it, but I just got pictures to add so I'll use that as my excuse. The Sunday before Thanksgiving my family through a huge suprise birthday party for my Mema who turned 85. It was a great success!! Every single person who we invited came!!! The surprises started the Saturday before when we all went to Mass with her. My aunt from Alabama even flew in and surprised all of us!! She just showed up at Church and we were all so happy to see her!! Sunday was the big party and everyone played a big part. My Mema was so surprised - she had a huge smile on her face all day long!! The food was classic Mema - every Sunday when my cousins and I were young we would go to Mema's house and have fried chicken, broccoli, cheese and rice casserole, sweet carrots, mashed potatoes, fruit salad and dessert!! So for her big b-day it was our turn to do the cooking. My dad and uncles fried the chicken and my aunts and cousins and I took care of sides and desserts. We had so much food but it was all gone by the end of the day!! In the end it was a wonderful day full of family and friends!! Happy Birthday Mema!!!



Mema(on the right) and her sister Annie who is almost 90 who came dowm from Brenham




Trying to look like I made the potatoes - really I just warmed them up :0)





Cooper trying to walk for Mema's b-day present







The chicken friers :)






DESSERTS!!!









my mom and Peggy her sister (#4)








Aunts Glinda and Denise - sisters #3 and #2



more Aunts - Penny (#5) and Sharon (#6)




my sis, some cousins and my mom being goofy!!


2 comments:

The Poth's said...

That is so nice! It looks like everyone had a lot of fun and I am sure she was happy to have everyone together! Great job on the potatoes!

guajardo fam said...

That is so awesome! Ya'll have a great family. She is so cute! Happy Birthday Mema!