Saturday, July 12, 2008

Joshua Wesley Barton is here!!!

Hi all! Sorry it has taken me so long to post pics but finally here they are. As you all know, our little miracle, Joshua Wesley Barton made his debut into this world on Tuesday, July 1st at 7:36 pm. I'm not sure if everyone knows or not, but once Joshua was born we had a little scare. Both Joshua and I had a fever during the delivery because of an infection in the amniotic fluid. Also, when he was born Joshua swallowed some meconium which is not good for him at all. As soon as he was born they cleaned him up and we only got to see him briefly before they took him into the level two NICU nursery. They were concerned about how he was taking in oxygen and his fever. It was definitely a scary moment for both Jake and I because we didn't really know what was going on at the time. Thankfully God was watching over all of us because not long after he got to the NICU Joshua was breathing fine and his fever was already coming down. He still had to stay in the NICU until we were discharged so that he could receive antibiotics. It was tough not having the little guy in the room with me all the time and really hard not letting everyone who had come to see him be born get to hold him, but it was worth it in the end for him to get better. While he was in the NICU Jake and I made several trips down to see him but we could only take in one other person at a time so not very many people got to hold him while we were there. At first they told us he might have to stay in the hospital for 10 days to get more antibiotics, but they wouldn't know for sure until Thursday. Thankfully we got the news late Thursday night that both Joshua and I could go home that night!! We were so thankful he was healthy enough to come home and quickly packed up our things and headed home. The last week or so since then has been crazy but we are slowly adjusting to each other and developing our own little routine. He's such a sweet little baby and a great sleeper - which is good for Ranger barks! :) Speaking of, Ranger doesn't really seem to notice that Joshua is here except that I get up in the middle of the night a few times now, and Ranger comes with me to feed Joshua. Jake and I could not be happier to finally have our little guy with us and are enjoying seeing how much he changes every single day! I'll try to post pics often so everyone can see our little man grow! Thank you all for the sweet text messages and voicemails - sorry I couldn't return them all but I hope you all understand. We love you all and Joshua can't wait to meet all of you!

Okay, I had too many pictures to put on here so I put them in a Kodak share gallery for you all to see.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=6wpi5lh.7gx294sp&x=0&y=-nuq65t&localeid=en_US

8 comments:

Amanda & Brian said...

Congratulations to you too! I've been trying to check your blog pretty regularly to hear the good news! :) I'm glad to hear you're all doing well now. He is precious!!!!

The Poth's said...

I am so happy to hear that Joshua is good and healthy now! He is adorable... you guys make such a cute family. I can't wait to watch him grow up! Love you all!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I am glad that everything is ok with you and Joshua. He is precious =) I have been watching this website and waiting for the announcement that he arrived. Cant wait to see more pictures. Take care of yourselves!
From Katie B

guajardo fam said...

We are so happy that you & Joshua made it home safely & are both recovering nicely. We were a bit worried for you & are so thankful that God was taking good care of the two of you. You are truly blessed.
Both you & Jake already look like naturals in your pictures.
We are anxious for the day that we will get to meet Joshua. He is such a handsome little man. Love you all!

Emily said...

He is just precious! I am so happy for y'all and so glad to hear that everybody is doing well. I can't wait to meet Joshua! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

YEAH! Joshua is so cute. I'm coming to visit yall, but wanted to give you a few weeks to get adjusted. I'll call you soon.
Love,
Michelle

Allison said...

He is so little and cute!! I am glad yall are doing ok now. Post some more pics!

The Kidd Family said...

Karen & Jake-Congratulations! He is adorable!! I am so glad that he is doing ok!! Madelyn had to have antibiotics too, the entire time she was in the hospital..so she had the same little IV thing. It is amazing just how tough our little angels are!! I cannot wait to see more pics!! Love you all!!