Sunday, July 12, 2009

Joshua's July

So here we are in July now, which not only marks Joshua's first birthday, but really his first fourth of July too! Last year on the fourth it was our first day at home with our new little miracle and fireworks and independence were the furthest things from our minds!! I'm going to do a separate post for Joshua's birthday party because I think there are too many pictures to try to include in this one.

For Joshua's actual birthday, I took the day off from work and he and I headed up to the Children's Museum of Houston. Thanks to my Aunt Peggy and Uncle Randy for the awesome birthday gift of a membership. The place is amazing! I highly recommend all you Houston moms taking your little ones to the Tot Spot! Joshua had a blast! I pretty much had to make him leave after two hours - he would have played all day I think - and he was asleep in the car about five minutes into our drive home. We are definitely going back and often! We ended the day of fun with dinner with my parents at our favorite mexican restaurant and cupcakes from Sugarbaby's! I had a wonderful time spending the day with him and I think he really enjoyed his birthday fun with mommy!

This was when we first got to the Tot Spot - Does that face say "Is this Heaven?" or what? :)
They have a set of doors that you can open, ring the doorbell, turn the light on. Joshua loved finding himself behind the door!

Lots of fun foam things to crawl through/on!

These green sticks belonged to a huge Bright Lites type thing - Joshua found another use for them!

Playing in the house of foam!

Having a blast!


Enjoying a birthday cupcake!

So for the fourth of July the Barton crew headed up to Lexington to stay at my parent's place as is becoming tradition. My sister, Casey and Cooper came down too so we had a full house with two toddlers, three dogs, five adults and one pregnant lady! :) The guys played golf and the girls and babies loaded in to the car and headed to Bastrop, because there's nothing to do in Lexington! We went to the WalMart and Kristin helped me get the basic supplies for scrapbooking since I've decided I want to start doing it - and of course I got more then enough!! :) We had lunch and then headed back to Lexington. Once we got back we broke out the water toys since it was so hot outside and Cici and the boys had a blast! It actually took both Cooper and Joshua a few minutes to not be scared of the water but once they got over that we eventually had to make them go inside! It was fun and felt so good with it being so hot outside. After the guys got back from golf the Baggetts loaded up and headed back home and we hung out until the next day. We took Joshua to the park in Lexington to see his first fireworks and of course he loved them! We got there a little early so we killed some time playing at the park. Once dark came though so did the fireworks and I must say that for a little town, Lexington, TX puts on a pretty dang good fireworks show! Plus no crowds to fight with once it's over! We headed back to Houston Sunday around lunch and Joshua was worn out from two weeks of non stop fun!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun! I love the Children's Museum, but haven't been there in awhile. Looks like Joshua had a great time!