Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas #3 - Our first Christmas as a family of 3

On Christmas night Jake, Joshua and I got to celebrate our Christmas as a family. We opened stocking presents from Santa and then gifts from each other. Since we knew Joshua was going to get lots of presents from his grandparents we scaled it back a bit. Joshua got a dino blanket to take to school with him, some socks, some linking beads, a teething ring, bath cups and some stroller toys. Of course he loved all of it but the paper was the most exciting part!! Jake got just what he wanted - Guitar Hero World Tour! Yep, I had to buy for two little boys this year!! LOL Jake got me patio furniture for our front porch just like I asked for and he picked it out all his own! It's beautiful but I don't have a pic of it right now - will post later though I promise! All in all Jake and I just enjoyed getting to spend Christmas with our own little miracle. I think we both teared up a bit while we were opening presents. To know that last year at this time Joshua was just a little tiny thing still growing inside me and now we get to see him grow and turn into this amazing little person!! We are truly blessed and thank God for everything we have every single day.









6 comments:

guajardo fam said...

Joshua is getting so big & what a cutie!!! Glad y'all had all great Christmases. Cooper & Joshy are such cute little cousins.:)

Allison said...

He has got some killer blue eyes! I can't wait to meet him.

guajardo fam said...

Oh yes, I must agree with Allison. I meant to tell you when I got your Christmas card in the mail, I stared at it for probably 5 minutes straight. The 3 of you have got the most gorgeous eyes ever. It was a bit unbelievable looking at that picture. Joshua has gotten wonderful genes from the two of you.;)

Amanda & Brian said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! What a thrill to have your first Christmas together. :) We enjoyed spending ours with our little nephew Barrett who was born around the same time as Joshua.

Keep up the posting. I'm enjoying seeing all of the pictures. :)

Emily said...

Thanks for the updates! Josh is getting so big! Looks like he is a professional present unwrapper!

Melissa said...

He is so dang cute. I have never seen a child with eyes THAT big. He is adorable. I hope you guys are doing well...